A Moment in the Life of a Sámi Reindeer Herder
This excursion is a must for you who are looking for an authentic experience in Sámiland. The tour takes you to the frozen tundra of the Käsivarsi Wilderness Area where Nils-Matti spends his days tending to his flock. Reindeer graze freely on their winter pastures while their herder ensures they find sufficient nutrition and that they are protected against predators. Their location is unknown to all but the herder himself, but thanks to modern technoogy your driver-guide can pinpoint their whereabouts – and off you go, on a unique journey to the empire of reindeer.
AVAILABILITY AND GOOD TO KNOW
- Reindeer Safari and Reindeer Herder Experience are available only between Dec 1 – April 30
- Reindeer are roaming freely and do not stay at the ranch during the summer
- The program will take 2-3 hours depending on where the reindeer pack is located
- Minimum group size is 4. In case the group size is not met, we will inform the participants and try to find another suitable time.
- You can also book the tour for 2 persons for 512 euros